The term ‘Belgravia Auction Gallery’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 41, Triq Censu Tabone, St. Julian’s. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Online Bidding Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all online bidding at auction sales conducted by Belgravia Auction Gallery. By registering to participate in a Belgravia Auction sale via Online Bidding, you expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
These Belgravia Auction Gallery Online Bidding Terms and Conditions are supplemental, meaning that they shall apply in addition to the general Conditions of Sale and other terms and conditions applicable to bidders and buyers participating in the subject Sale and shall be deemed incorporated by reference and made a part of the Bid Conditions for such Sale. The general Bid Conditions are published in the catalogue for the Sale and/or on our web site, among other places. Additional information applicable to the Sale may also be set out in the Catalogue, on our web site, and/or in a notice displayed at the Sale venue, and it is your responsibility to review that information. Please be aware that announcements affecting the auction may also be made orally before and during the Auction without prior notice. In registering to bid at any Auction, you agree to the applicable Bid Conditions.
- Before you can bid via Online Bidding, you must register to bid online.
- Once you have registered you should keep your account details strictly confidential and you must not permit any third party to use or access your account on your behalf or otherwise. You will be liable for any and all bids made via your account.
- Online Bidding Process
- Once you have successfully registered for Online Bidding in an Auction, you will be eligible to bid online.
- During a Auction, you can bid for a lot by clicking the Bid button. Each bid shall be final and binding as soon as you click the Bid button.
- The current bid will be displayed on your screen during the Sale. In the event of a tie between a bid placed by you online and any other identical bid(s) (including bids made in person, telephone bids, absentee bids, and other online bids), it will be at the auctioneer's discretion as to which bid shall be accepted.
- You acknowledge that you are bidding in an online auction and you agree that each bid submitted as provided in these terms and conditions is irrevocable and cannot be amended or corrected, even if submitted in error and notified to us. You accept full liability for all bids submitted via your Online Bidding account (including the liability to pay in full and on time in accordance with the Bid Conditions for any lot that is the subject of a successful bid submitted from your account).
- Please note that Belgravia Auction Gallery reserves the right to reject a registration to bid online, withdraw its permission for you to use Online Bidding, or terminate an Online Bidding account, for any reason at any time prior to, during or after a Sale.
- After the Sale
- Successful bidding will be notified by email.
- You agree to pay for and collect any lot that is the subject of a successful bid submitted by you or from your Online Bidding account, in accordance with the Bid Conditions.
- Use of the Online Bidding Service and Limitations of Belgravia Auction Gallery' Liability
- Lots are available for inspection prior to any Auction, and it is up to you to satisfy yourself as to each and every aspect of a lot. You are strongly advised to examine in person any lot on which you may bid or have it examined on your behalf before any auction.
- When you choose to use the Online Bidding service, you do so entirely at your own risk. Access to and use of Online Bidding is dependent upon, among other things, the availability of the internet and the speed and quality of internet connections.
- The content displayed via the Online Bidding service may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors and we do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content or that any defects will be corrected. Any reliance on any such content, advice, statement, or other information shall be at your sole risk.
- We accept no liability for any failure or delay in executing bids or any errors contained in bids placed via the Online Bidding service.
- BELGRAVIA AUCTION GALLERY provides the online bidding service and the Belgravia Auction Gallery web site "AS IS" and without any warranty or condition. We accept no liability for failures, delays or errors caused by interruptions in the availability of the Online Bidding Service or our web site or any errors or defects in their content or functionality, any software and/or hardware defects, whether yours or ours, and / or any internet connection problems; We do not guarantee that the online bidding service or the web site will be free of error.
- Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We may from time to time make changes to these terms and conditions. Any changes will be posted on our website and we will endeavour to notify you of the same by means of a notice and link to the revised terms on our web site. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by us. If you use Online Bidding after changes have been made and posted, you shall be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree to such changes, you should not make any subsequent use of the Online Bidding service.
- Governing Law, etc.
These Belgravia Auction Gallery Online Bidding Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws that govern the general Bid Conditions in respect of the applicable Auction as specified therein, and by the other terms and conditions as are set forth in such Bid Conditions.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).